BNS is the provincial organization of cyclists in Nova Scotia. We are
commuters, mountain bikers, racers, recreational riders and elite athletes,
who work together to grow cycling in Nova Scotia. Our different sectors
develop young athletes, collaborate with government and other organizations
to make cycling safe and accessible province-wide, develop sustainable
mountain bike trails and serve as the governing body for all cycling
competition in the province. BNS is a volunteer organization.
If you wish to help or have questions, please contact us !
MARK THE DATE: The Annual Banquet to Celebrate the 2013
Season of Bicycle Nova Scotia will be held Sunday, December 8, 2013 from
6:30-8:30 p.m. at Durty Nelly's Pub in Halifax (Corner of Sackville
Poster Available for Download Below
- Check out the Cycling Canada Annual Conference Report where BNS was represented by Jamie Lamb. The conference was held October 25-27, 2013 in Ottawa.
- Now available, the Presentations of the 8th Nova Scotia Cycling Summit held recently in Sydney.
- PRESS RELEASE: Bicycle Nova Scotia Celebrates Committment to Provincial Bikeways Network. At the Nova Scotia Bicycle Summit held over the weekend in Sydney, the Nova Scotia Department of Transportation and Infrastructure Renewal announced that it would be taking the lead in coordinating the implementation of the "Blue Route" across Nova Scotia. To learn more, download the press release in its entirety.
- Can-Bike Sessions are currently scheduled for Cape Breton (Sydney, Glace Bay and North Sydney) - for more information, dates and registration, please visit Velo Cape Breton.
[September 22, 2013 - Wentworth]
Category A [Male]
1. Garrett McLeod [H&R Block]
2. Neil Symington [Opus]
3. Martin Austin [Hub Cycle]
Category F [Female]
1. Odette Comeau [Cyclesmith]
2. Sherry Huybers [Tipsey Toed/PCC]
Category B [Male]
1. Liam Whitman [Cyclesmith]
2. Anthony Lacopia [Cyclesmith]
3. Edward Riordon [Independent]
Category B [Female]
1. Anya Munroe [Cyclesmith]
2. Nancy Munroe [Cyclesmith]
3. Kimberly Abbott [Consolvo]
Category C [Male]
1. Michael Avery [Bicycles Plus]
2. Jeff Deuville [Hub Cycle]
3. Matt Allen [Cyclesmith]
Category U17 [Male]
1. Luc Comeau [Cyclesmith]
2. Calvin Turple [Cyclesmith]
3. Noah Patriquin [Spokebenders]
Category U15 [Male]
1. Iain Myatt [Cyclesmith]
2. Tim Shea [Pictou County Cycle]
3. Peter Vandermeulen [Hub Cycle]
Category U15 [Female]
1. Isabelle Allen [Cyclesmith]
2. Maura Whitman [Cyclesmith]
3. Madeline West [Independent]
Category U13 [Male]
1. Jeremy Allen [Cyclesmith]
2. Brett Deuville [Hub Cycle]
3. Cody Matthews [Cyclesmith]
CLICK HERE :.
for Season Standings & for
Complete Season Results
Latest BNS Events
Frost Bite Downhill at The Gorge
Facebook Event Site
.: CLICK IMAGE :.
Canada Games 2013 News
.: CLICK HERE :.
Looking for the Ultimate Guide on Touring Nova Scotia by Bike?
.: Click on Book Cover for your Complete Guide :.
Apply for your
2013 BNS Race or Technical Licence
IMPORTANT: If you are applying for a Race or Technical Licence, please make sure you have a photo that complies with these specifications to submit with your licence application.
* A CCA Event Application form MUST also be completed and accompany your Sanction Form [below]
Canadian Cycling Association Event Application 2013
* This Event Application MUST be completed and submitted with your Race Sanction Form
Canadian Cycling Association Sport Accident Claim Form [Format: .pdf]
If you are unable to join BNS online, please contact our registrar Kaarin Tae .